Tuesday 27 November 2012

We are all STARS

On Sunday M got me up really early and packed the car up for another competition. We weren't going far, 1hr down the road to Ringford but the competition opened at 8:30am!!

As like the rest of the week M wanted me to do some weave training before the comp, so she also packed up the six weave poles and took me to the park for a run and training - it was freezing! Proper white over with frost and pitch black at 7am!

So M had entered me for 4 classes, 2 agility, a jumping and a steeplechase. M decided she would run me first in the first agility class as it was quiet but she was very angry with me as I just raced round and round - we didn't even complete the course :-(
After that she took me on a really long walk round the quarry as the next class wouldn't be for at least an hour and I needed to get rid of some energy. She then made me stand around in the arena to get used to all the people and the dogs.

There were loads of people and dogs that I knew and some new ones - only one didn't like me, and she tried to eat my nose! The cheek of it!!

M has got some video of me on the jumping course but she's going to edit it a bit as its a bit long before putting it on here...

The second class was the jumping class which I managed a clear round on, although as you will see on the video M made a right hash of the handling (she was all over the place) - even she said it was a mess before she saw the video!
Here is all the pack leaders walking the course - they do this to try and work out where they are going to stand and direct from, and how they are going to cross between us and the obstacles etc.

 Depending on pack leader they might be faster or slower than you - the really clever ones can just stand in one place and use hand signals! M's really not that good yet, so she runs round with me.

So a clear round in the jumping class mean't I got a 2nd - M was sooooo pleased!

Unfortunately I then went on to do a rubbish 2nd agility course - running off to see people and then M was so frustrated she missed out a jump and got us eliminated - although she's not sure if we already were!

The steeplechase course was much better - I listened all the way round, unfortunately I just clipped the second to last jump and got 5 faults, which meant I wasn't in the top 6 for rosettes - but M was happy that I'd settled down again.

I'll put some of the courses on later in the week.

1 comment:

  1. Better luck next time Cadbury :)

    Canyon had a show this past weekend and did well both Friday and Sunday, but didn't end up earning any points. On Saturday though, he kept sitting in the ring (a big no-no in showing) while being handled by my friend. We were so embarrassed to watch him on Saturday, but in his defence, he probably didn't realize what my friend wanted from him.

    All we can do, is learn from the bad and party with the good :)

    ReplyDelete