Thursday 26 July 2012

Present

Yipppeee I got my present yesterday!!

I was slightly disappointed cause it wasnt food but it was these....

 

I know to many of you these wont be exciting but this is a proper set of weaves and M bought 2 sets so a full 12 pole weave and it means that I can start a different kind of training called 2 x 2.

We break the weave down into pairs of poles, for me to run through all by myself. M starts me from different angles to the first pair of pole and then I have to run through the two sets of pairs without any direction, other than a word 'go' to set me off. M gradually rotates the two set of poles till they are straight and connected together - when I get a 90% success rate running through from all angles. Then we add the third set of poles horizontal to the others so I an just run through them, and gradually rotate these till they are straight and connected.

When I'm really clever M will add the second set of 6 poles and I should be able to do a full 12 pole weave all by myself!

Well thats the plan anyway! M tried last night and we managed in 3 short sessions to get the 2 pairs to about 10 degrees so today she's brought me and the poles to work so we can have another session at lunchtime and see if I can get them straight!!


According to the help sheet we should be able to get a 12 pole weave in 10 days.. I'll keep you posted.


p.s. D had a go but he couldnt stop giving me hand signals, so he needs more practise.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment