Tuesday 17 April 2012

Gundogs

Ooo sorry was dozing yesterday so didnt get to update about the weekend...

Well Friday night M need to take her small car back to the garage cause its still not working properly apparantly so I had a nice sleep next to her on the passenger seat - I dont get to do that in their other cars!

The saturday I got a trip back to the garage in bobs car but in the boot this time... hmm it smelt of Wispa but she wasnt allowed to come. M spent a couple of hours fixing her car but wouldnt let me go and play with Merlin and Basil, not even when Roland came to borrow the trailer was I allowed to say hello - but I made sure Merlin and Basil knew I wasnt happy with my big bark!!!
I did manage to get back to see Wispa for a go play session in the afternoon though.

On Sunday M & D got up early and bundled me in the car - but it was very uncomfortable cause there was already a table in the boot that I had to sleep on top of.. We drove for ages and then parked in a field full of sheep.... hmm I wondered what was going on and then I saw Roland and Merlin yippee and Rebecca and her little pup. M & D disappeared for a while and when they came back they took me out into another field with lots of other dogs, we were meant to sit and wait, and then get our P's to walk to heal - hahaha M & D have never walked to heal, they always wander off when I'm sniffing sheep stuff.

Anyway M & D put me back in the car and disappeared I've no idea what was going on but they seemed excited so I left them to it... a bit later they came back and got me out of the car, they got me to do a series of 'tests' called field trials. 

very strange to be honest but the first one was a bloke Coo-ing like a pigeon on the far side of the stream and then dropping a toy. D told me to go and fetch it so I did, but I didnt take it back to him cause the stream was loooovely! Havent been in water since last summer and it was soo nice!

The second one was I had to wait while a bloke through a toy in a pond and then D told me to go and fetch it.. that was ok but I couldnt work out how to get in the pond there were loads of reeds, nasty.... got it eventually.

The third one was I had to wait with D at the bottom of a hill and then a lady threw a toy into the pond at the top of the hill and D told me to fetch it - this one I managed ok.

The fourth one we didnt manage to do cause M & D had to be somewhere else with the table (i'll explain a bit later) but that was a bloke about 500yds throwing a toy into tall grass and I think D would have wanted me to find it.
Anyway I suppose it was fun - got to meet lots of doggies..

M had her camera by the way to capture all of this but completely forgot to get it out!!! I just cant train these humans you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment