Monday 13 May 2013

Competition Time - Sunday

Part 2 of my competition adventure started quite early on the Sunday morning, unfortunately after the last camping adventure M had decided to leave my coat on over night to keep me warm but I woke up too warm (5am) and started pacing round the tent to cool off. This woke M which she wasn't happy with but she got up and let me out for the toilet and then came back to bed, but that was it we were both awake so M decided to get up, dressed, have breakfast and a long walk.

It was really nice and then M looked at the weather and decided to pack the tent away before it rained.

She knew our class was first in the ring so she needed to be walking the course at 8am - so she made her way down - it wasn't the simplest of courses and it had a 12 pole weave in instead of 6 but she was confident if I kept my cool we'd be ok. She came and got me and we wandered around the rings watching my other pals - I was about 72 out of 82 dogs so M knew we had time to spare. This was a grade 1-2 agility class so J and Shea were running in the same class so we watched and cheered for them..



When our time came, M kept very calm and it was going well till we reached the a-frame when I jumped off too early and got 5 faults and then I completely miss judged a corner jump and landed on it. M was a bit concerned but I carried on so M did too... apart from that M said it was another lovely run and I did everything she asked.

My second run of the day came very quick - we were the next class in the ring and no 5 out of about 200 dogs - this was a qualifier for olympia (championship show) for any grade 1-7 for Anything But Collies (ABC) M didn't expect me to get placed but wanted me to have another run at an agility course - she walked and decided it was a flowing course with just one tight turn... 
Again M kept calm as she put me on the start line and off we went but I found a smell didnt I!! and I almost followed the lovely smell into the wrong end of the tunnel but M shouted first - good timing M!! Then it was a flowing run apart from the slow weaves but CLEAR!! M couldn't believe it - there were some in our training group grade 6 who were eliminated!!
Then we had a long wait so we mooched around went off to the exercise field and watched others running.. it was great!! 

M went and had a look at the results for the first two classes - even with 10 faults I came 11th in the first one but unfortunately even though I was clear in the second I had 9 time faults from the nice smell, so not placed!







My 3rd and final run didn't come till 4pm and M was not looking forward to it - she could tell I was dozy and she was too - I heard her say to A that her mind was not on the job and she was tired... but M put me on the start line and it was going really well till the weaves - another 12! Well I'm sorry but I couldn't be bothered they take a lot of brain power you see, well M got me going through them but I'd been eliminated as it took too many attempts but M wasn't bothered she knew it had been a LONG weekend!! So I still got a special bone when i got home - yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment