Wednesday 8 May 2013

Competition Time - Saturday

On Thursday M started getting things together... I was watching with interest..
1) My away bag
2) My food
3) some meshy stuff

then friday M was at home cause she wasnt very well but more items got put in the pile
1) M's food
2) M's away bag
3) the tent - thats when I knew something big was happening

On friday night M gave me my dinner early!!! Oooo something good always happens when I get my dinner early (i get my dinner early on an agility night too) and then disappointingly she walked me and put me to bed early.. Humph what did I do wrong??

Saturday morning M was up at the crack of dawn - no wonder she put me to bed early and all the kit had disappeared into the car.. I had my breakfast and M put the last of my stuff in the car with me and we were off!!

I had no idea where we were going so I snoozed for a while until M stopped the car, got out and disappeared - there were dogs and people everywhere, it was really quite exciting..
M reappeared and drove along onto the grass and pulled up. She told me to stay in the car while she put the tent and the "garden" up..


 














By 9am I got to go and see what all the fuss was about... Welcome to Woodside KC Agility Competition, Biggar

All my friends were there too Bob, Meg, Shea, Tarka, Tally, Tiggy, Kazzie, Lola, Woody, Smudge, Chance, Dash, Kissy, Todd, Breeze and others...

I spent all day wondering around with M meeting lots of new people and doggy pals - it was huge - 6 big agility rings and stalls.


M says the pictures don't do it justice!!

All the doggies were very good and M was keeping her fingers and toes crossed that I could be well behaved when it got to my go too..

 Ali and Tarka
Ian and Dare

At 6pm my chance finally came to have a go - thankfully most people had finished and gone home or back to their caravans so there was no pressure for M to get it right... but she did!!
I got 5 faults cause M didnt direct me over a jump correctly but I completed the jumping course in time and listened well!!

M was soooo pleased with me I got lots of hugs and fuss and some treats... but then she said I needed to do the same on Sunday too...

After some dinner and another long walk - the paddock was lovely - filled with fresh sheep dodo!! M wiped my paws and got me settled next to her in the tent. Thankfully it was a little warmer this time so no need to hijack M's sleeping bag!

M has asked me to put a note in here as she was woken by me in the night (so she says) having a wonderful dream of the day - woofing and whining etc which made her smile and giggle - well at least she didn't wake me ZZZzzzz

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a very exciting agility competition that you are at and how exciting to meet up will all your doggie friends. Sounds like you did very well :) Where glad you where given some treats once you finished. From Milo & Jet

    ReplyDelete