Wednesday 19 September 2012

Messing around

Its been a whole week since I last did agility as M was busy at the weekend.

Its been quite a quiet week with no visitors, and M & D are in and out all the time at the moment, so I grab my chances of play as soon as they walk in the door. 

Last night there was Bonnie, Bonnie (yes there are 2), Shey, Tag, Bob and myself at agility - Roxy has had to have a toe nail removed (Ouch) so she is resting at the minute - I hope she's better for the fun show in October.

We started on the weaves again tonight - great fun! Although M cant understand why I will only do weaves in one direction? Very strange.

We then moved onto contacts, and being able to choose a contact piece by name only - M was using what she called bribery by this point cause I was sniffing around the hen poo.... it tastes lllooovely! but not as tasty as M's treats!
I did do the tyre, see-saw and the a-frame sort of by name but I don't like the see-saw inside, it bangs really hard on the concrete and slides around if I go too fast.

Then Anne suggested that we try some handling techniques over the jumps - this was really for the pack leaders rather than us pawsome dogs, so what they had to do was run up the far side of one set of jumps, and as we turned at the top they had to run through the two sets of jumps to the far side ready to run down the opposite side of the jumps.

We also did a send away over 3 jumps - starting by placing a treat or a toy for me at the end of the jumps and sending us to it - it was great fun. Then M sent me away without the toy at the end and I did it, cause I knew she'd give me a treat at the end.. 
Woofs!

No comments:

Post a Comment