Monday 16 September 2013

A mixed bag

A weekend of agility is what M had in store for me over the last couple of days.. although as she says I wasn't up for it!

Saturday M decided not to go for an early start as our only class of the day was scheduled for about 3pm. So we got up and M packed the car and popped me in my harness and off we went.

M was quite surprised when we got to the show ground as there weren't that many people there but the weather forecast for the weekend had been pretty bad, although the sun was shining at that point!

I got to go for a wander and sniff, and to do my business before M popped me back in the car while she put up the tent and set out the garden. Apparently I would have just got in the way! The cheek!!

After that we went for a walk around the rings and to see what friends I could find, well M found lots of friends but most of mine were having a break in their gardens. M decided to take me on the practise ring as I seemed quite distracted - as I was, there were lots of great smells.... It didn't go well I just had a mad run around the ring for a while and then M put me over the contacts which I got first time!

So the afternoon drew on and it came to my run of the day - I did the first few jumps well and I got my see-saw contact nice but then as I was completing the dog walk I got distracted by some lovely sheep muck and went for a bite... M was not impressed so put me back over the dog walk which got me eliminated and then to keep my attention off the floor she was racing me round which meant I was just too excited for the A-frame and jumped off before I was supposed to.
M was quite disappointed in me!

but we both went for a snooze later and she let me snuggle up for a while...



No comments:

Post a Comment