Thursday 8 August 2013

Prizes

So for the last couple of days I've been at another agility competition... I was supposed to be at a Gundog test on Sunday but D had too much work on so M took me for a 3 hour walk and river play to try and wear me out for Monday/Tuesday... well she shouldn't have bothered...

Monday we travelled down with car full of camping stuff to Durham - 1 1/2 hrs
When we got to the site M put the tent up in the rain and then I got to go and sniff around, meet a couple of pawpals and generally wander taking in the atmosphere... most chilled I was!!

Later in the afternoon the weather cleared slightly for my first and only run of the day.. and M said I was brill! I broke my wait, which meant I miss judged the second jump - causing a lot of mess but then I did the rest of the course lovely.. but a few seconds over the time, cause I waited for M at the weave.. BUT I got first place!!!

Monday night I spent in the big marquee with M - she was involved in a quiz, I was kept amused by a lad on our table getting me to do tricks..

M took me to bed about 10:30 but I could sleep.... I had too much to think about! M started to get a bit annoyed as I was padding about the tent and she didn't get much sleep either!

Tuesday morning we got up and had breakfast - and went for a walk. Then M put me in the car so she could walk the first course. I didn't do too badly but I couldn't get the weaves right so got 10 faults and was a few seconds over the time but I can 3RD!!

My second run of the day was a good run and M was very pleased with me for getting my weave entry correct first time, but I ran past a jump (i wasnt looking) so got 5 faults, and i was still a little slow..but came 4th.
 
My third run of the day came a bit later and I got 5 faults for got to see the judge, and my mind completely wandered so I was sniffing and plodding round the course so was 32 secs out of time!! (thats a lot) but because it was a hard course I still came 2nd!!! as most dogs at grade 1 got eliminated... M was pleased with me but was thinking that my last run would be a write off as I had lost all concentration so she decided to put me in the car and cover the windows so I could get some sleep... 

My final run was a very tricky course and M thought it was a bit twisty turny for me but to her surprise (and everyone elses watching) I got a clear round.. A said at the end that the effort it took M to get me round the course she should have just jumped the course herself but M was very proud of me cause I'd been a good boy all day!! When I got back to the car I got a lovely chew for a treat!  I still had time faults but not as many as M thought so we came 1st!!!!

 Me and my trophies - the 2 x 1st places


No comments:

Post a Comment