Wednesday 21 August 2013

Gundogs

Saturday we traveled to our local gamefair - Galloway Country Fair cause my friends the Galloway Gundogs were running what we call a Scurry. A timed competition aimed at finding the dog that retrieves a dummy or dummies in the fastest time.

This year it was set out so that a "seen" dummy was thrown into rough grass ready for the dog to retrieve and as the dog was returning that dummy a "blind" dummy (one they dont see) was thrown past a small brush fence into a brushed area.

 

I had four go's at this and failed every time. I realised after the first run that the second dummy was being thrown behind me as I was returning the first so instead of returning the first dummy I was going off to retrieve the second first...


By the 4th run, the guys throwing the dummies had worked out what I was doing and waited until I returned to M before throwing the second dummy (spoil sports!!)



We all had a fab day out though - I was completely shattered when we got home and slept!!

No comments:

Post a Comment